Stupid Questions From Stupid People
It’s amazing to me that, on occasion, it’s entirely possible to gauge a person’s fundamental intelligence based on listening to them ask a single question. Here is a list of actual questions that I’ve either recently been asked (by an adult), or heard someone (an adult) asking:
1. If there’s a bank inside that Wal-Mart, do you think it cashes expired checks?
2. Do you know if this restaurant has a happy hour during lunch?
3. What’s the capitol of Chicago?
4. If it’s really illegal to set off fireworks in the city limits, then why haven’t I been arrested?
5. If my doctor tells me that I need to stop drinking so much soda, will he know if I drink the same amount but do it more slowly?
6. If those Mexican Indians were smart enough to predict that the earth will end next year, then why the hell weren’t they smart enough to stay alive?
7. What’s soy sauce made of?
8. Is Pizza Hut really the only Italian stuff you like?
9. If I offer the guy at the liquor store sixty bucks worth of food stamps for thirty dollars worth of beer, do you think he’ll call the police?
10. If I’m cooking for a vegetarian, does that mean she won’t care what I serve her if she can’t taste the meat?