Dear Jonny, Questions…
Lots of questions…
Due to a recent influx of various “Dear Jonny” questions from many of this website’s visitors, I’m going to consolidate my answers into a single twenty question response. Here goes….
1. What’s your favorite exercise for shoulders? How heavy do you go?
– I very much enjoy seated military press on the Smith machine, which I’ll generally do for 10-12 sets of 1-12 reps. – When bulking I’ll go as heavy as 315-325, but right now I don’t venture past 250.
2. Are you pursuing a mixed martial arts career? In a fight, do you prefer to be standing up or on the ground?
– No, not at this time. – Definitely on the ground. My technique is inconsistent, my reach is unremarkable, and my endurance is limited. But I have insane handling power.
3. I see that you have the TCB Fight Factory tattoo. Those guys are fucking scary. How did you hook up with them?
– I’ve known the owner/operator for many years. Quite a few of us were in the nightclub security business together. In that capacity we went through untold amounts of shit. If you haven’t been there, check out www.tcbfighteam.com
4. What are you most afraid of?
5. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
– Shit-talking keyboard cowboys who run their mouths online as a by-product of their deep-seated frustration with how little they amount to in the real world.
6. Do you really think you’re a sociopath?
– Possibly. But I’d like to think that I have more substance than the sum of a made up term used to describe a condition we’ll never fully understand.
7. When it comes time, where do you want to die?
– Far away from any trace of human civilization.
8. What interests you more than anything?
– Abnormal psychology.
9. What’s the most important factor in staying healthy?
– Avoiding sugar and closely monitoring your carbohydrate intake. Limiting your insulin spikes. Giving your poor pancreas a break.
10. What’s the most fucked up movie you’ve ever seen?
– “Martyrs,” a French film made in 2008.
11. Do you consider yourself a depressed person?
– I do my best to avoid it. Obviously that doesn’t always work.
12. Do you think you’re overly confident and egotistical?
– Yes. But I know my limitations. It’s just that I often choose to ignore them.
13. What does the tattoo on your face mean?
– It has dual meanings. “Animal” and “Sacrifice.”
14. I see that you’re usually on a very strict diet. What’s your favorite cheat meal?
– An obscene amount of Tabasco-soaked pizza washed down with far too much beer.
15. Do you like to party?
– Very much, which is why I typically try to avoid it.
16. What do you think of the state of America?
– We’re an empire in decline, which is historically inevitable.
17. What’s the worst car crash you’ve ever been in? Were you hurt?
– My head went almost completely through the windshield of a car I lost control of and crashed at 100+ mph. – I had a bruise.
18. What do you think about mainstream rap music?
– What do you think of a bucket of moldy hog shit?
19. What do you think of strippers?
– If you want to sleep with one, ignore her.
20. I saw you renting movies.
– Lol. Sounds like I better stick to Netflix.